I'm a nurse at the bottom rung of the nursing ladder, yet with a PhD in physiology from Oxford. So I get to work on the frontline of healthcare with real people, yet have a lot of academic knowledge to rationalise and interpret what I have seen and act as advocate for the needy.
My blog combines
- Advocacy for the 'little people in the NHS' - see "One Body, Many Parts"
or for the elderly of society - see "Till death, or the nursing home, do us part"
or for the dying - see "Dying Well"
- Revelations from behind the scenes of a short-staffed NHS
- see "Where have all the nurses gone" and "Popping pills, doing drugs: the nurse's drug round"
- Intensely personal stories, where I have felt betrayed or mismanaged by the health service
- see "Stained by a snowflake" or "Misdiagnosis: a personal story"