Your Blog is your baby, it comes from you, your heart, your head, your experiences...so when you think about monetising it you're obviously going to be protective right? You don't want to 'flog' any old product, you want to remain true to your values, and promote only products and experiences that you believe in....
Easier said than done though...after all, a blogger's got to eat! So when it comes to promoting anything through your Blog, it's important that it's as easy as possible to promote and earn from those links and articles that you put up throughout your website.
Enter the world of Affiliate Marketing...a fast paced, relatively straight forward way of earning money WITHOUT compromising your blog content or theme!
BUT- how does it REALLY work? Does it really work? And how can you NAIL it?
As you’ll know by now, bloggers make money by building an audience that trusts them, and then offering products or services that will genuinely help that audience.
Affiliate marketing is really just a quicker way to offer products and services without creating them yourself...because really, who has the time?
In practice, it’s a modern interpretation of a very old idea — getting a commission on a sale. You introduce your readers to products or services from trusted companies or individuals and get a commission on any sales to customers you send their way.
For bloggers, that means you find a product or service that you like, promote it to your readers, and earn part of the profit on each sale that you make.
Simple idea, right?
We want to explore this whole concept in way more depth via our #Bloghour this week- Tuesday 10th October at 9pm. Tell us your best, your worst and your downright horrifying experiences with Affiliate Marketing and how YOU have made it pay...or not!
1) Do you use affiliate marketing on your Blog at the moment? #Bloghour
2) Which platforms do you RATE and which ones do you HATE for affiliate Marketing? #Bloghour
3) What's your top tip for anyone wanting to use Affiliate Marketing on their Blog? #Bloghour
4) Do you need a 'strategy' to really maximise your Affiliate Marketing efforts? #Bloghour
5) BOLD REQUEST ALERT: How much have you made from your Affiliate Marketing? #Bloghour
6) What's the first thing you'll buy when you've made your millions through Affiliate Marketing? #Bloghour